Column: Nicholas P. Offers Another “CLASH Insider”
May 22, 2009 · Print This Article
Nicholas P. here, bringing you the 2nd installment of CLASH Insider! There’s tons of stuff to talk about in the world of CLASH this week, so let’s dive right in. I’d like to thank each and every one of you who joined us this Saturday for Fight Against Cancer II and helped raise money for the American Cancer Society. Team CLASH Wrestling has now raised near $1700.00 and it’s all thanks to the hard work of our staff and the support of our fans and sponsors.
CLASH Wrestling would also like to personally thank the Game On Sports Center for partnering with us for the event, A Better DJ Productions for their awesome sound & lighting services, and Jimmy’s Jumpers for their moon bounce which was one of the highlights of the day. I also want to thank and acknowledge event coordinator Melanie Libra, the Glinski family, and everyone else who helped throughout the day. Fight Against Cancer is a yearly tradition that we at CLASH Wrestling greatly look forward to and thoughts are already in motion for next year’s event.
If Fight Against Cancer II was part one, then the Relay For Life is part two. CLASH Wrestling will be on hand all day, Saturday, May 30th 2009 at Heritage Park in Taylor, MI for the 2009 Relay For Life. We will be holding a CLASH Carnival amongst a number of other things, so if you’re a fan of CLASH Wrestling, come out and show your support on May 30th! Help Team CLASH Wrestling reach our ultimate goal of raising $3000.00 for cancer research!
We are less than 48 hours away from CLASH Wrestling’s return to Livonia, MI and I for one cannot wait! CLASH Wrestling returns to the Livonia Elks Lodge for the first time since August 2008 when we present Friday Night Fury at 8:00 PM. I’m looking forward to the battle for tag team superiority leading into the 2009 NPCI as the Tag Team Champions Friends battle the newly formed tandem of Nightlife. You gotta think that whoever walks out of Livonia with the gold will be the defending champions going into the tournament. Who will walk out with the tag team gold?” We’ll find that answer out this Friday night.
Speaking of the NPCI, we’ve learned in this past week four additional teams who will take part in this year’s tournament. Danny Danger & Josh Thor, Khameleon & Tyler Elkins, Will Vendetta & A Partner TBD, and Beauty & The Beast will join the already announced Friends and Osirian Portal on June 19th & 20th. CLASH fans are well aware of 3 of the 4 teams, but Beauty & The Beast will be making their CLASH debut. Ethan Page & NRC spoke highly of themselves in this week’s CLASH In A Flash, and perhaps rightfully so. Page has competed all across the US & Canada and took part in last year’s Chikara Young Lions Cup. Time will tell if Beauty & The Beast are successful in their quest for CLASH Tag gold.
With 6 teams now confirmed, there’s only 10 spots remaining. I can confirm that at least 2 more teams will be announced by show’s end this Friday night in Livonia. Also, word acround the water cooler is that Will Vendetta will officially announce his NPCI partner on next weeks webisode of CLASH In Flash. We will also hear from another Tag Team making their CLASH Wrestling debut: a highly decorated duo from Chicago who have experience in winning tournaments and hope to make the NPCI their next accomplishment. Things are certainly heating up in CLASH as the summer months approach. There’s no better time than now to be a fan of CLASH Wrestling. With talent traveling in from all across the globe within the next 30 days, one can’t help but be excited. Wrestling fans get ready because the biggest Tag Team Tournament in the state of Michigan is coming! It’s the 2009 Nicolas P. Clashertone Invitational, June 19th & 20th! Be there!
Nicholas P.’s Five Random Thoughts For The Week:
– Very curious to see what happens between Tommy Tydie & J. Miller this Friday night in Livonia. Tydie has apologized and Miller is yet to except. Both men will be in the same ring for the first time since Miller’s injury at Seize The Day II in January.
– I highly doubt that a broken nose will do much to set the Wreckingball back. This guy is an unstoppable monster and this injury, if anything, probably just made him more angry.
– SR17 looked good in their CLASH debut at Fight Against Cancer II. I’m sure Van Envy & Kris Konflict are looking to impress myself and the rest of CLASH Management with a victory against Will Vendetta & Tyler Elkins this Friday night in Livonia.
– Not a fan of Cameron Skyy’s new antics inside the ring. Cheating to beat Tommy Tydie? I thought “Ace High” was above that. I’m starting to think Cameron had us fooled all along.
– Happy to see that Tyler Elkins, Khameleon & Will Vendetta have qualified for the NPCI. All 3 men are great young athletes with huge upsides. Khameleon had a brief stint of success in the Tag Division late last year, while Elkins & Vendetta are unproven in the Tag Division. Elkins & Khameleon may prove that opposites attract, and one’s gotta wonder who Will will choose as his partner.
That’s all for this week! See you at Friday Night Fury!
-Nicholas P. Clashertone